Friday 6 July 2012

Floral Fantasies...

So last night, I couldn't sleep right away... I've had a headache for over 24 hours. I was asleep most of the day, and without doing much I was just feeling really exhausted. That's kinda why I haven't been able to reply to emails. I've just been tired and sleepy all week.

After Maghrib prayer, and the nafls of Sha'baan.. I managed to stay awake. Mum checked my blood pressure and it turned out to be a high.. WHICH is astonishing because I'm always with low blood pressure :/ Anyhow... my headache is a little better...

So while I was up, I thought I'd put my hands to work. I love flowers, and love using them in my projects. I had made paper roses for a printmaking project during university. I loved em to bits... For a while now I have been wanting to make flowers by hand so I could add them to my hand crafted items. So I experimented a little.. and here's the result. Your feedback is totally welcome and your input be very appreciated :)


This was the first... just a rose. I used patterned paper for this and distressed it with blue ink.


I can't quite recall all the stuff I did to this one but it turned out okay.


Everytime I tried these lace flowers, they flopped and failed. This one finally worked out Alhamdulillah! I distressed it because the plain white looked eww.


I had this in mind for a while, used a pretty brad in the center :D


Love how this one turned out. :) 



You may have noticed the shabby-chic look in them, that's the look I work with, that and vintage. So I feel these kinda go perfect with my line of hand crafted work... can't wait to begin using these :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...