Sunday 1 April 2012

one of them...

Today, is just a little one of those I don't know kind of days. Only because there's so much to do and well.. so little time! My wedding is in less than 2 months. We inshaAllah set foot to travel to Saudi inshaAllah in two weeks. I wanted to wrap up orders before traveling, as I won't be available to commit time to all this in the coming months...

In recent weeks, Alhamdulilah.. I've received so much from Allahu Rabbi. I cannot begin to express how that makes me feel. I'm truly blessed beyond words. MashaALLAH :)

We conducted the first ever Ultimate Crafter's Workshop Series in the month of March, which coincidentally happened to be National Crafts Month abroad. :D It worked our perfectly. *wink* I had 30 students.. aged 17-35. It was amazing! We went over some basic techniques, introduced them to different tools and crafting supplies. They tried some DIY at home jugaars as well. Loved every bit of it. I'd say it was an overwhelming feeling because so many of them skipped other important commitments to make it to the workshop. They gave their time and energy and of course.. it paid off Alhamdulillah! After the success of these two sessions, I will inshaAllah be conducting more workshops. The purpose of them is not to 'teach' but to create an awareness, and I strongly believe I was able to do that at the first shot. Alhamdulillah! :D 

Firefly turned two this march, on the 25th and we had a whimsical celebration for it in the form of specials all month long. I wasn't in town last year around this date to couldn't celebrate, but this year I was over the moon. Alhamdulillah! We had Studio Cupcakes work some magic with our doodles onto yummy cupcakes. PS: if you ever want to gift me something, little love notes count... and white cake is bliss ;)

We MashaAllah, received approval from manufacturers abroad to be their authorized retailers in Pakistan... that's a first for our country! woot! We are looking into purchasing from Pink Paislee, Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Graphic 45 and Prima Marketing. Each one has their requirements and minimum order range... so we'll be taking one at a time to stock here in Pakistan :) inshaAllah.

Firefly participated at the ASEAN Bingo and Food Fiesta, while the experience that day wasn't completely fab, I was super happy to spend some time catching up with others there :D

Orders recently have been haywire because our city went under distress again for political reasons, while I don't have a view on our country's politics.. I do believe we're Muslims before anything else. And if we really live up to our religion in terms of our actions and beliefs, we really wouldn't be in these 'situations'... these are all moments for us to turn to Allah instead of the next big lawn exhibition or weekend party. *this doesn't mean I am against lawn or weekend parties, please don't misread this :)

In recent weeks I've also realized who and what matters most in life. Alhamdulillah. First comes my family... inclusive of my other half. Then come those who genuinely care and are with you on your good days as well as low ones. I care for everyone around me... and just because I put my faith first or am committed with work, does not mean I don't feel... miss.. or care. Everyone has different roles and everyone's life is different. 

I was feeling slightly low earlier today... thinking about some things... I remembered something very important that my parents have always told me. When something good is in focus or in process... Shaytaan does try to intervene. Nothing good is achieved easily... Everything has behtri.. and those in your life or the things you are being given are there with a reason :) If something's taken away, is because it wasn't right for you in the first place, and you're being groomed for the better in the process.

Allah Kareem writes the Master Plan... and I am very very fortunate to be who I am and where I am. My family goes every year around this time of the year with our Shaykh.. due to University, I never got a leave.
Can't wait for Haazri inshaAllah.. must must visit the courts of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wasallam and of course, give thanks and express my gratitude with duas in front of the House of Allah Kareem. inshaAllah.  I haven't been in 5 years so the expectations and hopes are just mounting now. :)

Last process date... Tuesday. Need time to get everything sorted and ready before I travel inshaAllah :) so busy busy week ahead. 

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been sending in duas my way... and appreciating not just my work, but me. Alhamdulillah, it is all because of the blessings from the One above.


2 comments:

  1. hey it was so nice reading ure blog...have so wanted to attend your workshop but was in Riyadh at that time...rather am still.. one thing u HAVE achieved : creating awareness! Ure website is an inspiration for me...now whenever I go to Jarir bookstore here I am roaming abt in the stationery supplies area and have started browsing thru scrapbooking blogs and all... IA one day will achieve in creating stg to keep my daughters pics and all.... for the time being am too confused to actually go aheah and buy anyhting... dont know where to start; including supplies, techniques,paper etc...lets see... can u guide me on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey it was so nice reading ure blog...have so wanted to attend your workshop but was in Riyadh at that time...rather am still.. one thing u HAVE achieved : creating awareness! Ure website is an inspiration for me...now whenever I go to Jarir bookstore here I am roaming abt in the stationery supplies area and have started browsing thru scrapbooking blogs and all... IA one day will achieve in creating stg to keep my daughters pics and all.... for the time being am too confused to actually go aheah and buy anyhting... dont know where to start; including supplies, techniques,paper etc...lets see... can u guide me on this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...